19 June, 2005

Frappe... in Kyoto!

For those who have been in Greece or Cyprus during summer most probably know what Frappe is. You can check the recipe here if you want. It is basically a type of iced coffee, preferably mixed with milk. Greek people love coffee and frappe is very popular during those hot summer days (and nights). Been away from home, I miss lots of things and frappe is just one of them. So one hot day I decided to make frappe here. Frappe needs to be shaken (read the recipe above) and back home we usually use a small portable mixer to do the job. It's quick, it makes good froth and your arm doesn't hurt afterwards (not to mentioned been teased when doing the up-down shaking... ). I was lucky enough to find a battery operated hand mixer here in Kyoto for 300 yen, weak but does the job (see photo below).
People around me were curious about the coffee I was making so I explained what it was and everybody, after trying it, got hooked! So much that a friend that she never drinks coffee now demands to have a frappe when I have one!!!


9 comments:

Bilby said...

I once dallianced with le frappe. I remember that childhood summer like it was yesterday. kampai!

Please pop by and share a typical day in your life.
=)

http://genuinemadness.blogspot.com/

The Furui Man said...

Thanx for stopping by bilby. I like the concept of your blog. Will stop by one of those day and write about my day...

Giancarlo said...

I’m sure you’re happy to find that girls still find something attractive about you... too bad that it's only your frappe coffee!!!
BTW, let me say that it IS really good. You should open a franchise... FuruiFrappe
Cheers!

The Furui Man said...

Girls STILL find lots of things about me attractive (FYI)!!! Just go around and ask. If you don't get slapped by the one you asked that means she likes me...
As far as frappe is concerned I've been giving that some serious thoughts!

Giancarlo said...

"Girls STILL find lots of things about me attractive (FYI)!!! Just go around and ask. If you don't get slapped by the one you asked that means she likes me..."

Of course! Have you ever heard the infamous "I like you. Very much. But only as a friend..." Haha! In your case just drop "friend" and put "grandpa" instead, and voilá!

Better luck on your next life...

Eddie said...

Haha..haha

The Furui Man said...

Shit, now I have two crows laughing at me! Well, at least I'm secured with one girl that likes me (sometimes)... And BTW Eddie you have no right to laugh. What are your achievements?

Giancarlo said...

Hey! Drop by http://unrelatedthoughts.blogspot.com/
I've been playing with it for a while, and I think that it's now ready to see the light. Best of all... It's in English!
See ya there!

The Furui Man said...

I went there and posted comments already. It's a relief because at desde Japon I could not post any comments in English in fear that the Spanish speaking people around the world will put me on the hit list (you know the Yaku-fia of Peru...)!
Seriously, good job. You can really write, unlike me...